SPIRIT COMPETITION: (100 points possible)
Overall Spirit of the Day: (20 points max)
The Central RAP committee will look for school pride, cheers, positive team attitude, sharing and creativity of memorabilia and anything else that would make us smile or acknowledge a person’s effort as spirit.
Social Media Presence: (5 points max)
We encourage you to participate on social media leading up to the conference using our main Facebook page and hashtag to show your enthusiasm, preparation stages and overall learning and time at Central RAP.
Please use #CentralRAP2017 as well as your institutions name in all posts.
- During Conference: (3 points max)
- Creative and engaging post on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter with #CentralRAP2017 = 1 point per post
- Bonus points: (+2 points max)
- Posting pictures displaying networking with another delegation member or group = 1 point per post
- A special way of thanking CSU Channel Islands for hosting the conference. = 1 point per post
- Video post of experience at Central RAP including but not limited to: what you’ve learned, what/who stood out to you, networking with folks, random acts of kindness etc. = 2 points per post
Billboard (Banner)*: (12 points max)
- Must incorporate the following requirements:
- Name of School = 1 point
- School colors = 1 point
- Mascot = 1 point
- Size requirements (no smaller than 2X2 and no bigger than 3X3) = 1 point
- Incorporates “Channeling Leadership” theme = 2 points
- Creativity = 2 points
- Visually Appealing = 2 points
- Demonstrates inclusion and/or sustainability = 2 points
Philanthropy*: (10 points max based on a percentage of items donated and attendance)
Keeping in line with the 2017 Central RAP theme: “Channeling Leadership”, our philanthropic endeavor this year will be the CSU Channel Islands Food Pantry.
To assist this entity, we are asking all Central RAP delegations to bring to the conference the following items (please refrain from donating glass containers):
- Canned protein: chicken, salmon, ham, beef, high protein chili, stews, and Vienna sausages
- Canned vegetables: white beans, lentils, asparagus, green beans, corn, etc.
- Canned and fresh fruit
- Peanut Butter
- Cereal (cold and hot)
- Breads & Crackers
- Condiments and spices including salt and pepper
- Hearty Soups
- Pasta and Pasta Sauce
- Granola Bars
- Instant Rice
- Toiletries & Feminine Hygiene Products
- 5 items submitted per person = 10 points
- 4 items submitted per person = 8 points
- 3 items submitted per person = 6 points
- 2 items submitted per person = 4 points
- 1 item submitted per person = 2 points
- 0 items submitted = 0 points
Campus Swag*: (5 points max)
Please bring items (shirts, hats, key chains, pencils, etc.) with your institution’s name, logo, or mascot, etc… for giveaway prizes!
- Any campus swag submitted = 5 points
- No campus swag submitted = 0 points
Costume and Name Tag: (10 points max)
In addition to what your delegation will choose to wear that day to earn spirit points, your institution is responsible for making your own name tags.
Upon checking in at the conference, we will have a photographer ready to take a picture of your delegation and the name tags you have created.
The committee will judge this category by the following criteria:
Name Tag includes:
- Name of School = 1 Point
- School colors = 1 Point
- Creativity = 1 Point
- Incorporates “Channeling Leadership” theme = 1 Point
- Inclusivity = 1 point
- Creative theme = 3 Point
- Incorporates “Channeling Leadership” theme = 2 Point
Presenter Proposal Submissions: (25 points max)
The number of presenter proposals submitted, accepted, and presented from your institution will be accounted and calibrated with the amount of delegates attending from your institution.
Presenter proposal submissions HTTPS://TINYURL.COM/CENRAPPROPOSAL17 are due on Tuesday, October 31, 2017 at 11:59 PM.
- If your institution is selected to present at Central RAP 2017 +5 points
- 4+ submissions for delegation = 20 points
- 3 submissions for delegation = 15 points
- 2 submissions for delegation = 10 points
- 1 submissions for delegation = 5 points
- 0 submissions for delegation = 0 points
If a delegation submits a proposal in the program track of Academic Success, Diversity and Social Justice or Professional Development they will receive an extra 5 points. We encourage presentations highlighting all areas of awareness in equity, life and career planning, environment/sustainability, and more.
In order to be considered for the Top 10 programs, your program must receive at least 15 assessment responses.
Delegation Video: (13 points max)
Please submit a 2-3 minute video. The purpose is to introduce your institution and the delegation. When making the video, please note that it is not necessary to use video editing software. A simple edit via a video camera is fine.
Please work with your institution’s advisor to get the video approved. Keep in mind that you are representing your delegation, institution and the Central RAP conference with this video. Videos will be uploaded to the Central RAP Facebook page and voted on by the Central RAP Committee.
If you have questions on how to upload a video to the Central RAP page please contact
All videos must be appropriate and mature, must incorporate the theme “Channeling Leadership” and must not exceed 3 minutes. Any video exceeding 3 minutes will result in loss of points.
Your delegation’s video must be submitted (uploaded to the Central RAP 2017 Facebook page) by Thursday, November 16, 2017 11:59 PM.
Points for Delegation Video:
- Relevance to the theme = 3 points
- Creativity = 4 points
- Thinking outside the box as opposed to using typical leadership stories, characters etc.
- How delegations use/show their campus throughout the video.
- Inclusive/promotes equity, social justice (must include closed captioning or subtitles) = 3 points
- Voice is easy to hear/understand or puts subtitles at bottom to assist = 2 points
- Incorporates their school spirit, pride, mascot etc. = 1 point
- Stay within time to avoid point deductions
- 1-15 seconds over = -1 point
- 16-30 seconds over = -2 points
- 31 or more seconds over = -5 points
* Please turn in Billboard Banner, Philanthropy items and Campus Swag upon check-in.
Possible ways of losing points:
It will be the discretion of conference staff, volunteers and advisors in the amounts of points deducted.
- Roll Call during Opening Ceremony longer than 2 minutes
- During the Opening Ceremony the committee will call out each institution and your school has the opportunity to prepare a short cheer/intro (30 seconds-1 minute and 30 seconds) to introduce your institution on a more personal level. You are welcome to incorporate school spirit, the theme, or bring on the creativity.
- Any action or language that is unsupportive to the mission and vision of WACUHO.
- WACUHO embraces the benefits that are derived from the inclusion of diversity in the Association. Members make significant contributions from all areas of higher education and at every level of responsibility. Various perspectives shared by our members, inclusive of ethnicity, age, gender, religious preference, sexual orientation, differing abilities, race, gender expression, socioeconomic status, or spirituality add a dynamic which enriches the membership and mission of the Association. WACUHO encourages all to actively participate in its programs, events and activities. WACUHO welcomes and values all perspectives and empowers all members to feel valued.
- Point values are discretionary and decided upon by the committee