It’s time to roll up our sleeves and get to work! We need your help!
The Strategic Planning task force has been hard at work moving the approved strategic plan forward. Passing our strategic plan was only the first step in a longer process. We need to keep the momentum going by asking for your help and input.
The Executive committee is working in the following areas of the strategic plan:
- Improving communication by investigating communication platforms for effectiveness for both information sharing and dialogue
- Creating processes to begin digitizing our videos, pictures, and historical documents
- Investigating our current membership structure and fee system to assess whether it reflects our long-term financial goals and values of the organization
- Assessing the needs and interests of under-represented function areas of the association (facilities, administrative, summer conferences, marketing, etc)
- Developing a cycle of involvement for our organization
The strategic planning task force is just about to engage in a 12-18 month journey to explore, investigate and make final recommendations to the executive committee in the following areas:
- Centralized Office
- Committee Structure
- Assessment plan
- Recognition plan
In order to do this, we are creating four different workgroups to address these areas. We need people who are interested in the four topics above to join these workgroups to discuss and engage and move our organization forward. We need diverse experience levels (new professionals, mid-level managers, CHOs) and, more importantly, we need diverse functional perspectives (facilities, summer conferences, res life, marketing, etc) to be a part of these teams if they are going to be successful.
If any of the above items interest you, or if you have any questions, please contact Tyler Miller (firstname.lastname@example.org) to be considered for joining one of these four teams. If you know someone on your campus who might be helpful in this process, encourage them to join us.