From assessment data and focus group discussions the Strategic Planning Task Force has determined that:
- The current communication structures do not meet the needs of the membership.
- Communication tends to focus on information dissemination and less on dialogue creation.
- From the membership, not everyone feels included in both information distributed and involvement in decisions of the Association.
- According to past executives and committee members, our processes are out-of-date.
- We are not taking advantage of all technological options or staying current with trends.
- We have a reactive communication system versus a proactive communication system.
A cohesive communication strategy whereby all members feel informed and opportunities for dialogue are utilized
- Archiving data to preserve institutional memory
- Branding of the Association
- Communication policies
- Effective and relevant use of technology
- Membership and CHO climate assessment
- Membership awareness of our mission, vision, and goals
- Website analytics and functionality
Communication Objectives (In Priority Order):
|Key Indicator||Objective||Task Force Priority||Vision Area||Implementation|
|Effective and relevant use of technology||Assess our current communication media and platforms for effectiveness
|Immediate||2 & 3|
|Effective and relevant use of technology||Research potential communication media and platforms for possible implementation||Immediate||2|
|Archiving data to preserve institutional memory||Utilize our different online tools to create a digital repository of our videos, pictures, and documents.
|Immediate||2 & 3|
|Communication policies||Create and implement a comprehensive, multi-modal communication protocol across our information venues||Mid-range||2 & 3|
|Membership and CHO climate assessment||Develop and implement a comprehensive assessment plan to ensure the Association is meeting the needs of our members/institutions||Mid-range
|2 & 3|
|Branding of the Association||Develop and implement a cohesive “brand” for WACUHO to further enhance consistent, meaningful connections
|Website analytics and functionality||Assess website usage and effectiveness to determine best practices in communicating who we are as an Association, what we are accomplishing, and how individuals can become more engaged
|Membership awareness of our mission, vision, and goals||Assess membership awareness of our mission, vision, and goals and the effectiveness of our rebranding efforts