From assessment data and focus group discussions the Strategic Planning Task Force has determined that:
- Our organization has not developed a sustainable and systematic approach to enhance the field of Student Housing, Student Affairs, and Higher Education.
- Opportunities to enhance the profession have not been consistently promoted within our organization and members are not aware of the resources available to student housing professionals.
- Engagement in ongoing research, scholarship and assessment is not evident.
- Our efforts are not fully aligned with ACUHO-I’s core student housing competencies.
Our members are engaged in research and innovation that moves our profession forward with the Association’s support. We support and promote those efforts both internally and externally. Our efforts are in line with ACUHO-I’s body of knowledge and core competencies and Council for the Advancement of Standards in Higher Education (CAS).
- Assessment plan
- Increased WACUHO Member presence at other professional association conferences
- Membership institutions involvement in benchmarking
- Mentorship opportunities and engagement for all experience levels
- Publishing research
- Recognition of innovations, research, study and work being done by members
- Resource library
Enhancing the Profession Objectives (In Priority Order):
|Key Indicator||Objective||Task Force Priority||Vision Area||Implementation|
|Assessment plan||Create a consistent and sustainable WACUHO assessment plan||Immediate||2|
|Increased benchmarking participation||Annual Conference and Exposition roundtable focused on benchmarking in the region||Immediate||1,2|
|Recognition of innovations, research, study and work being done by members||Develop a comprehensive recognition plan for awards, recognition and scholarships. assess viability of Awards and Recognition Committee as a part of the plan.||Immediate||1,2,3,4|
|Resource library||Create list on website to which members can refer when looking for ways to promote ideas||Mid-range||1, 2|
|Publishing Research||Provide and promote opportunities for our members to engage in research and innovation that moves our profession forward||Mid-range||1, 2, 4|
|Increased mentorship opportunities and engagement for all experience levels||Develop registration/hotel support for graduate students at the Annual Conference and Exhibition||Mid-range||1, 2, 3, 4|
|Increased mentorship opportunities and engagement for all experience levels||Develop support and mentorship networks for mid-level managers||Mid-range||1, 2, 3, 4|
|Increased WACUHO Member presence at other professional association conferences||Align WACUHO initiatives with ACUHO-I Standards and Ethical Practice, ACUHO-I body of knowledge and Council for the Advancement of Standards in Higher Education (CAS)||Mid-range||1|