From assessment data and focus group discussions the Strategic Planning Task Force has determined that:
- Although WACUHO does an excellent job engaging new professionals and residential life staff, other members are not as engaged as we desire.
- Administrative/Assignments Professionals
- Chief Housing Officers
- Dining Services Professionals
- Facilities Professionals
- Human Resources Professionals
- Mid-Level Managers
- Professionals New to the WACUHO Region
- Summer Conferences Professionals
- Business and Finance Professionals
- There are limited opportunities to participate in WACUHO beyond the Annual Conference and Exposition.
- Volunteers sometimes struggle with follow through.
- Current programming efforts (Western Training Institute, Pacific Management Institute, etc.) may not be relevant and/or effective.
Connection, engagement, involvement and passion from a broad spectrum of members throughout the year
- Engagement of corporate partners
- Engagement of membership beyond the new professional realm
- Engagement of membership outside the residential life function area
- Number of institutions registered as members
- Opportunities for engagement beyond the Annual Conference and Exposition
Leadership and Member Engagement Objectives (In Priority Order):
|Key Indicator||Objective||Task Force Priority||Vision Area||Implementation|
|Engagement of membership outside the residential life function area||Assess needs and interests of under-represented function areas
|Immediate||1, 2, 3|
|Engagement of membership beyond the new professional realm||Develop cycle of progressive involvement opportunities from new professional through senior level positions||Immediate||1, 2, 3, 4|
|Engagement of membership beyond the new professional realm and residential life function area||Assess and implement communications systems to ensure individuals from member institutions understand membership rights and opportunities||Immediate||1, 2, 3, 4|
|Opportunities for engagement beyond the Annual Conference and Exhibition||Assess interest and need for conferences and training opportunities outside the annual conference; inventory current offerings||Mid-range
|1, 2, 3, 4|
|Number of institutions registered as members||Assess needs and interests of institutions (member and non-member) within the WACUHO region||Mid-range
|Number of institutions registered as members||Develop a plan and strategy to increase institutional members in number and variety||Mid-range
|Increase engagement of corporate partners||Develop strategy and marketing tools to improve “return on investment” for corporate partners||Mid-range||3|