REACH and BUILD upon our collective knowledge as Housing and Residential Life professionals at this year’s WACE Conference. We are looking for program submissions on critical issues facing our students and who we are as professionals. The Call for Programs is now open and will close on January 8, 2018. Follow this link to submit your proposal: https://tinyurl.com/WACE2018PROGRAMS
As always, it is our sincerest hope to garner program submissions from all areas of the profession of student housing: business services, facilities, and residential life. This year’s WACE theme is REACH, a term used in the sailing world that involves navigating not just on water, but also with the winds. REACH describes the way the sails are positioned in order to stay afloat while creating communities where we are contributing to the growth of our students. As housing professionals, we are faced with many kinds of winds and change of direction. As you reflect on how you have gone with the current or found the shores , please frame your program proposals around this year’s theme.
We encourage you to reach out to colleagues within other functional areas in your department or at other universities who would be able to share their expertise and experiences, but may not have WACE on their radar, and encourage them to submit a program proposal.
If you are looking for direction, you might consider focusing on one of these topics, which have come from previous evaluations. Remember, these are not meant to limit the topics of presentations, just to provide a jumping off point. We look forward to seeing where your creativity and passion take you in drafting your program proposals.
- Applications/Contracts/Assignments Issues
- Budget and Financial Management
- Chief Housing Officer Programs
- Construction, Campus Planning and Renovation
- Customer Service
- Family and Graduate Student Housing
- Housing Trends
- Living Learning Communities and Themed Living Communities
- Marketing Student Housing
- Mental Health Issues
- Mid-level Management
- Navigating Campus Politics
- Personal Development
- Professional Development
- Resident Leadership Development and Residence Hall Associations
- Social Justice, Diversity, Multiculturalism
- Staff Development, Supervision, and Engagement
- Strategic Planning
- Student Conduct
- Student Staff Selection and Training
- Student Success and Retention
- WACUHO History and Leadership
On behalf of the entire committee, we thank you in advance for submitting a program or poster proposal and for contributing to this year’s conference.
Questions? Contact email@example.com.