Annual Conference & Exposition
From WACUHO Leadership Manual
- 2014-2015 Chairs: Alex Belisario, UC Santa Cruz, Dave keller, UC Santa Cruz
- 2013-2014 Tri-Chairs:
- Elizabeth Miller, CSU Channel Islands
- Christine Bender, CSU San Bernardino
- Claire Davis, CSU Northridge
- 2012-2013 Co-Chairs:
- Philippe Cumia, San Francisco State University
- Maggie Malagon, Santa Clara University
- 2011-2012 Co-Chairs:
- Kris McPeak, CSU Chico
- Laura Dorfman, Cal Poly Pomona
- 2010-2011 Chair: Rick Hagan, University of San Diego
- 2009-2010 Co-Chairs:
- Staci Buchwald, Scripps College
- Martin Castillo, San Jose State University
- 2008-2009 Chair: Judy Edner, UC Santa Barbara
- 2007-2008 Chair: Ramona Hernandez, UC Davis
- 2006-2007 Chair: Andy Plumley, UC Riverside
- 2005-2006 Chair: Jose Andalis, Menlo College
- Travel - Yes
- Programming - No
- Communication by phone, mail, fax, e-mail or on-site meetings
To coordinate a number of WACUHO Committees in order to produce the Annual Conference and Exposition.
- Oversee the preparation and performance of the Annual Conference and Exposition. Work closely with the Association President, and the chairs of Host, Program, Exhibits & Displays, and Corporate Relations Committees.
- Oversee conference contract with hotel/conference site and coordinate all conference needs with hotel/conference site representatives.
- Convene the conference committee chairs on a regular basis to insure a high level of communication, coordination and budget preparation.
- Coordinate in conjunction with the Association President the on-site Transition Meeting with Executive, Host, Program, and Exhibits & Displays and Corporate Relations committees (May/ June)
- Prepare preliminary timelines, budget and planning meetings (May/June)
- Call all conference committee chairs update meetings (October, December and February)
- Prior to the fall Executive Committee meeting, coordinate the preparation of individual committee budgets to assure overall zero balance or break-even budget of the Annual Conference and Exposition. Monitor the planning process from a fiscal point of view.
- Insure that ACUHO-I President, ACUHO-I District Representative, PACURH President and all WACUHO Past Presidents no longer in the field receive invitations to the conference. See the Professional Courtesy section for details.
- Co-host, with the Association President, a WACUHO sponsored pre-conference reception for the Annual Conference and Exposition committees the evening before the start of the conference (not to exceed $500).
- Create a clear workbook and detailed evaluation for succeeding Annual Conference and Exposition Chairs.
- Prepare and submit one copy of your annual report in the EOY report cubby and one copy of the annual report in your committee’s cubby, and notify the WACUHO Vice President by May 1. (see Appendix for sample).