Apartment & Community Living
- 2014-2015 Chairs: Allison Griffith, Faye Perata
- 2013-2014 Chair: Mitchelle Greenlee, UC San Diego
- 2012-2013 Chair: Daniel Schniedermeier, Santa Clara University
- 2011-2012 Chair: Danny Hyche, Sacramento State
- 2010-2011 Chair: John-Paul Wolf, UC Riverside
- 2009-2010 Chair: Robert Stephens, UC Riverside
- 2008-2009 Chair: Robert Stephens, UC Riverside
- 2007-2008 Chair: Brian Dawson, CSU San Marcos
- 2006-2007 Chair: Inactive
- 2005-2006 Chair: Julie Orio, University of San Francisco
- Travel - Yes
- Programming - Yes
- Communication by phone, mail, fax, e-mail or on-site meetings
To provide an opportunity for Association members involved in the affiliated part of the housing program such as family student housing, graduate housing, single student apartments, Theme Housing, Greeks, cooperatives, faculty & staff housing and off-campus/community housing operations to network and share ideas on meeting the housing needs not met in traditional undergraduate and graduate facilities.
- Design and coordinate one or more specialized one day workshops in the area of topic of choice as related to some or all of the areas. The workshops should challenge participants and provide them with personal and professional skill enhancements as well as up-to-date information on their responsibility area via literature review and shared experiences.
- Organize the details for the one day workshop including:
- Selection of campus site
- Selection of month and day
- Selection of theme, which is usually selected at prior year meeting
- Selection of speaker, if any
- Coordination with host campus of invitations and confirmations
- Coordination with host campus of day program
- Coordination of evaluation
- Costs are carried through attendance registration fees
- Organize a minimum of one WACUHO Annual Conference and Exposition presentation:
- Contact members of committee to solicit ideas for conference
- Contact WACUHO member institutions for programs relating to apartment and community housing
- Submit program during the call for programs process, identifying it as a program submitted by the Apartment and Community Living Committee
- Responsible for the creation and maintenance of networks related to community housing, single student apartments, family student housing, theme housing, Greek housing, and graduate housing needs and issues.
- Solicit facilitators to conduct roundtable discussions at the Annual Conference and Exposition in each of the areas and shall request from the Annual Conference and Exposition Program Committee time and spaces to hold the roundtable sessions.
- Submit an informative article or update per issue of the WACUHO Waves newsletter.
- Liaison with ACUHO- I University Family Housing/Apartments program committee.
- Prepare and submit two copies of an annual report to the Vice President by May 1 which summarizes the committee’s activity during the year. Report will be shared with the incoming chair (see Appendix for sample).