Awards & Recognition Committee
From WACUHO Leadership Manual
- 2017-2018 Chairs: Dave Keller, UC Santa Cruz | Connie Huyck, CSU-Chico
- 2014-2015 Chair: James Smith, UC Riverside
- 2013-2014 Chair: Stephen Fleischer, Cal State LA
- 2012-2013 Chair: Ramona Hernandez, UC Davis
- 2011-2012 Chair: Staci Buchwald, Scripps College
- 2010-2011 Chair: Dana Pysz, UC Los Angeles
- 2009-2010 Chair: Jeanette Bradeen, UC Riverside
- 2008-2009 Chair: Tim Trevan, CSU Northridge
- 2007-2008 Chair: Suzanne Seplow, UCLA
- 2006-2007 Chair: Martin Castillo, San Jose State University
- 2005-2006 Chair: Alex Belisario, UC Santa Cruz
- Travel – Optional. Annual Conference and Exposition attendance preferred.
- Programming - No
- Communication by phone, mail, fax, e-mail or on-site meeting
To provide an opportunity for Association members to recognize and celebrate the accomplishments of fellow colleagues through the leadership and service awards.
- Responsible for the solicitation of nominees for the various leadership and service awards, including by not limited to the Charles L. Miller Service and Leadership Award and the Volunteer of the Year Award.
- Work with the Corporate Relations and Exhibits Committee, as well as the Executive Committee to organize the ordering of plaques for the various awards.
- Request from the Annual Conference and Exposition Program Committee an appropriate time and space to hold the awards presentation.
- Submit an informative article or update per issue of the WACUHO Waves newsletter.
- Prepare and submit two copies of an annual report to the Vice President by May 1 which summarizes the committee’s activity during the year. Report will be shared with the incoming chair (see Appendix for sample).