Career Development Committee
From WACUHO Leadership Manual
- 2013-2014 Co-Chairs:
- Yoo Mi Choi, UC Riverside
- Alvin Nguyen, Sonoma State University
- 2010-2011 Chair: Kelly Cole, UC Davis
- 2009-2010 Chair: Angela Grundy, UC Irvine
- 2008-2009 Chair: Inactive
- 2007-2008 Chair: Inactive
- 2006-2007 Chair: Inactive
- 2005-2006 Chair: Inactive
- 2004-2005 Chair: Inactive
- 2003-2004 Chair: Letycia Gomez, CSU Los Angeles
- 2002-2003 Chair: Heidi Zeich, Loyola Marymount University
- Travel – Optional. Attendance at the Annual Conference and Exposition preferred
- Programming - No
- Communication by phone, mail, fax, e-mail or on-site meetings
To facilitate employment opportunities between prospective employees and employers across the region
- Facilitate on-going conversations and engagement in regards to career development opportunities via social media, WACUHO Forums, and WAVES newsletter.
- Connect members to career development resources, and collaborate with other professional development focused committees with similar initiatives (i.e. New Professionals Committee).
- Encourage members to utilize ACUHO-I and other student affairs professional competencies to engage in self-assessment and reflection for career path development.
- Offer formal presentations, roundtables, and resource tabling during WACE to engage members in career development topics and to provide career path advice.
- Prepare and submit two copies of an annual report to the Vice President by May 1 which summarizes the committee’s activity during the year. Report will be shared with the incoming chair (see Appendix for sample).
- Note - This committee was formally known as the Placement Committee. Name and purpose change in 2012-2013 year