Duties of the Newsletter Editor
From WACUHO Leadership Manual
- 2013-2015 Editor: Tom Burns, CSU Monterey Bay
- 2011-2013 Editor: Kelly Cole, UC Davis
- 2009-2011 Editor: Laura Dorfman, Cal Poly Pomona
- 2007-2009 Editor: Kafele Khalfani, Marymount College
- 2005-2007 Editor: Hallie Lewis, California College of the Arts
- 2003-2005 Editor: Alex Belisario, UC Santa Cruz
- Responsible for the creation and publication of a quality newsletter which is distributed to all members of the WACUHO region.
- Work closely with the Association\’s President and Treasurer.
- Actively solicit and personally write articles and collect photos of programs and events which address the needs and issues of all WACUHO members in all areas of apartment living, residential life, food service, residential operations, clerical support and other trades and specialized interests supporting the overall housing program throughout the western region.
- Coordinate solicited advertisements for the newsletter and directory with the Corporate Relations Committee.
- Submit an informative article or editorial per issue of the WACUHO Waves newsletter.
- Prepare and submit two copies of an annual report to the Vice President by May 1 which summarizes the committee\’s activity during the year. Report will be shared with the incoming chair (see Appendix for sample).