- 2003-2004 to Present: Inactive
- 2002-2003 Chair: Jim Brock, Pepperdine University
- Travel - Optional
- Programming - Optional
- Communication by phone, mail, fax, e-mail or on-site meetings
To provide an opportunity for Association members involved in food services operations (i.e. nutritionist, cooks/chefs/bakers, catering, concessions, contract vendors or acquisition and clerical staff, etc.) to network and share job related ideas and resources.
- Responsible for the creation and maintenance of networks related to the needs and issues of WACUHO members in the areas of food service and other related trades and specialized interests.
- Design and coordinate one or more specialized one day workshops in the area or topic of choice as related to the food service profession. Workshops should challenge participants and provide them with personal and professional skill enhancements as well as up-to-date information on the food service industry via literature review and shared experiences (i.e. in dealing with campus vs. contracted private/corporate food services, etc.).
- Solicit facilitators to conduct roundtable discussions at the Annual Conference and Exposition in the area of food service, and request from the Annual Conference and Exposition Program Committee time and space to hold the roundtable session.
- Submit an informative article or update per issue of the WACUHO Waves newsletter.
- Prepare and submit two copies of an annual report to the Vice President by May 1 which summarizes the committee\’s activity during the year. Report will be shared with the incoming chair (see Appendix for sample).