Legislative Affairs / Research & Info
- 2014-2015 Chair: Aaron Jones, U of Hawaii-Manoa
- 2013-2014 Co-Chairs:
- Kelly Cole, UC Davis
- Nathan Moses, UC Davis
- 2012-2013 Chair: Chris Williams, UC Riverside
- 2011-2012 Chair: Tim Trevan, CSU Northridge
- 2010-2011 Chair: Tim Trevan, CSU Northridge
- 2009-2010 Chair: Maggie Malagon, Santa Clara University
- 2008-2009 Chair: Inactive
- 2007-2008 Chair: Byron Howlett, University of LaVerne
- 2006-2007 Chair: Byron Howlett, University of LaVerne
- 2005-2006 Chair: Patricia Francisco, San Diego State University
- Travel - Optional
- Programming - Optional
- Communication by phone, mail, fax, e-mail or on-site meetings
To inform the membership about newly enacted and impending legislation which could impact aspects of housing and food service operations. To conduct the annual room and board survey of the Association’s membership and other surveys as requested by the Executive Committee.
- Responsible for the creation and maintenance of networks related to the needs and issues of WACUHO members in the areas of research and information and other related literature review, legal issues and specialized interests.
- Conduct an annual room and board survey throughout the western region. Submit findings to the President prior to the winter Executive Committee meeting (typically February) and distribute to the Chief Housing Officers at the Annual Conference and Exposition.
- Design and coordinate one or more specialized one day workshops in the area or topic of choice as related to or impacting the housing and food service profession. Workshop should challenge participants and provide them with personal and professional skill enhancements as well as up-to-date information via literature review and shared experiences (i.e. ADA requirements, asbestos, OSHA requirements, landlord/tenant rights, collective bargaining, harassment cases, risk management issues, AIDS, etc.)
- Solicit facilitators to conduct roundtable discussions at the Annual Conference and Exposition in the area of legislative affairs and research, and request from the Annual Conference and Exposition Program Committee time and space to hold the roundtable session.
- Liaise with the following ACUHO-I committees: Research and Information, Legislative Issues, and Systems Committee.
- Submit an informative article or update per issue of the WACUHO Waves newsletter.
- Prepare and submit one copy of your annual report in the EOY report cubby and one copy of the annual report in your committee’s cubby, and notify the WACUHO Vice President by May 1. (see Appendix for sample).