From WACUHO Leadership Manual
- 2017-2018 Chairs: Rhett Burden, Academy of Art Institute | Katie Knoll, San Diego State University
- 2014-2015 Co-Chairs:
- Martin Castillos, CSU East Bay
- Tim Trevan, CSU Northridge
- 2013-2014 Co-Chairs:
- Melissa Giles, CSU Northridge
- Jacques Zalma, UCSB
- 2012-2013 Co-Chairs:
- Jorge Arroyo, SJSU
- Ben Medeiros, Santa Clara University
- 2011-2012 Chairs: Leslie Krafft, University of Redlands
- 2010-2011 Co-Chairs:
- Dayanne Izmirian, USD
- Kris McPeak, University of Redlands
- 2009-2010 Co-Chairs
- Stephen Fleisher, Cal Poly Pomona
- Mary Tregoning, UC Riverside
- 2008-2009 Co-Chairs:
- Jill Hurd, UC Santa Barbara
- Jack Saxon, UC Riverside
- 2007-2008 Co-Chairs:
- Danny Mann, Concordia University
- Lisa Papagani, UC Davis
- 2006-2007 Co-Chairs:
- Juan Regalado, CSU San Bernardino
- James Smith, UC Riverside
- 2005-2006 Co-Chairs:
- Elizabeth Peterson, Occidental College
- Tim Trevan, CSU Northridge
- Travel – Yes. Required attendance at the Annual Conference and Exposition and on-site meetings
- Programming – Yes
- Communication by phone, mail, fax, e-mail and required on-site meetings
To plan all aspects of the program presented at the Annual Conference and Exposition
- Responsible for the total coordination of the conference schedule, goals and objectives.
- Work closely with Annual Conference and Exposition Chair, Association President, and the chairs of Exhibits & Displays, Host, and Corporate Relations Committees.
- Establish a zero-based budget with consultation of the Annual Conference and Exposition Chair for approval by the fall meeting of the Executive Committee (typically in October).
- Request Gold Plan monies from the Chair of the Corporate Relations Committee by submitting a Committee Sponsorship Request Form at least thirty days in advance of the program. Contact the Chair of the Corporate Relations Committee regarding amounts and availability of these additional funds.
- Attend the transition meeting held after the Annual Conference and Exposition (typically in late spring or early summer) to receive information from previous Program Chair.
- Attend and coordinate the Program Committee on-site meeting.
- Plan two or more, as needed, committee meetings between the on-site meeting and Annual Conference and Exposition.
- Be in a two-way communication with all WACUHO committee chairs in regards to special needs at the Annual Conference and Exposition.
- Develop a timeline for call for programs, with the consultation of the Annual Conference and Exposition Chair and Association President.
- Lead the Program Committee to establish the:
- Conference Theme & Logo
- Keynote Speaker(s)
- Interest Sessions
- Consultant Sessions
- Audio/Visual requirements
- Conference Notebook
- Call for Programs
- Conference Evaluation
- Conference Newsletter
- Program Schedule
- Resource/Video Center
- Work closely with Diversity & Affirmative Action and New Professional Committees to meet specific committee needs for the Annual Conference and Exposition, i.e. Networks, Orientation, etc.
- Ensure exhibitor and vendor compliance with the Exhibitor Presenter Policy.
- STRONG RECOMMENDATION: It is advised that the conference theme and logo be discussed with the Program Committee members, Annual Conference and Exposition Chair, Association President, Exhibits & Displays Chair, and Host Chair via e-mail, phone or fax prior to the on-site meeting so as to use the on-site meeting time more effectively.
- Submit an informative article or update per issue of the WACUHO Waves newsletter.
- Reconcile all expenditures and forward original receipts and check requests to the Association Treasurer in a timely fashion.
- Provide a chair’s workbook and detailed evaluations to succeeding chair.
- Prepare and submit one copy of your annual report in the EOY report cubby and one copy of the annual report in your committee’s cubby, and notify the WACUHO Vice President by May 1. (see Appendix for sample).