Substance Abuse Task Force
- 2013-2014 Co-Chairs:
- Annalicia Hernandez, Cal Poly Pomona
- Maria Lazaro, Cal Poly Pomona
- 2008-2013 Chair: Inactive
- 2007-2008 Chair: Stuart Huggins, California Design College
- 2006-2007 Chair: Richard Clark, UNLV
- 2005-2006 Chair: Inactive
- 2004-2005 Chair: Inactive
- Travel - Optional
- Programming - Optional
- Communication by phone, mail, fax, e-mail or on-site meetings
To inform the membership about newly enacted and impending legislation which could impact aspects of housing and food service operations in the areas of substance abuse. To conduct an annual one-day conference for the Association’s membership in regards to the FISPE program and process in achieving grant funds
- Plan an organized meeting via conference call or in person for late spring.
- Prepare goals for the year with other committee members.
- Submit proposed zero-based budget to the Association Treasurer.
- Assign subcommittee tasks
- Programs at the RAPS
- Update Substance Abuse Resources Directory
- One day workshop
- Articles for WACUHO Waves newsletter
- Preliminary plans for WACUHO Annual Conference and Exposition (i.e. suggested titles for media room, exhibit room materials, interest session plans, suggested speakers, etc.)
- Compile and distribute FIPSE Grant information to membership via newsletter.
- Responsible for the creation and maintenance of networks related to the needs and issues of Association members in the areas of substance abuse and other related literature review, legal issues and specialized interests.
- Create and annually update a Substance Abuse Resource Directory representing the entire western region and prepare to disseminate the directory information at the Annual Conference and Exposition.
- Conduct a western region survey of programs and services provided to students regarding substance abuse. Request information about funding resources. Submit initial survey findings to the Executive Committee liaison prior to the winter meeting of the Executive Committee (typically in February).
- Design and coordinate one or more specialized one day workshops in the area of substance abuse as related to or impacting the housing and food service profession. Workshops should provide participants with personal and professional skill enhancements, updated FISPE Grant information, and perspectives of substance abuse via literature review and shared experiences (i.e. risk management issues, alcoholism, support agencies, etc.)
- Solicit facilitators to conduct roundtable discussions at the Annual Conference and Exposition in the area of Substance Abuse and request from the Annual Conference and Exposition Program Committee time and space to hold the roundtable session.
- Submit an informative article or update per issue of the WACUHO Waves newsletter.
- Prepare and submit one copy of your annual report in the EOY report cubby and one copy of the annual report in your committee’s cubby, and notify the WACUHO Vice President by May 1. (see Appendix for sample).