Time And Place Committee
- 2017-2018 Chair: Kelly Cole
- 2014-2015 Chair: Samuel Jones, Sacramento State
- 2013-2014 Chair: Philippe Cumia, San Francisco State
- 2012-2013 Chair: Laura Dorfman, Marymount University
- 2011-2012 Chair: Ramona Hernandez, UC Davis
- 2010-2011 Chair: Ramona Hernandez, UC Davis
- 2009-2010 Chair: Kafele Khalfani, UC Riverside
- 2008-2009 Co-Chairs:
- Jeanette Bradeen, UC Riverside
- Hallie Lewis, California College of the Arts
- 2007-2008 Chair: Andy Plumley, UC Riverside
- 2006-2007 Chair: Brian Stevens, UC Santa Cruz
- 2005-2006 Chair: Dana Pysz, UCLA
- Travel – Yes. Required to attend the Annual Conference and Exposition and maybe called upon to visit bid sites for future conferences
- Programming - No
- Communication by phone, mail, fax, e-mail or on-site meetings
To invite Association member institutions to host the Annual Conference and Exposition (WACE), Southern RAP, Northern RAP, Central RAP, Island RAP, Western Training Institute, and Pacific Management Institute. Bids for WACE will be made two years in advance, alternating between north and south, with Fresno and San Luis Obispo acting as north and south swing institutions. Sites east and west include Hawaii and Nevada.
- Responsible for the solicitation and dissemination of bid information to the Association’s member institutions interested in hosting the Annual Conference and Exposition two or more years in the future. The RAPs, WTI and PMI will be solicited one year in the future. See sample Request for Proposal (RFP) in Appendix.
- Lead the committee in soliciting bids from member institutions and coordinate a presentation by the bidding institutions to the Time and Place and Executive Committees the day prior to the first day of the Annual Conference and Exposition. The Executive Committee will select the conference site, and the Vice President and Time and Place Chair will make the announcement at the Annual Conference and Exposition Business Meeting.
- Attend the bid presentations, traditionally held the day prior to the beginning of the Annual Conference and Exposition.
- Conduct an annual interest survey throughout the western region and submit findings to the Vice President prior to the winter meeting of the Executive Committee (typically in February).
- Inform committee members that it is expected that they attend the Annual Conference and Exposition.
- Submit an informative article or update per issue of the WACUHO Waves newsletter.
- Prepare and submit one copy of your annual report in the EOY report cubby and one copy of the annual report in your committee’s cubby, and notify the WACUHO Vice President by May 1. (see Appendix for sample).