WACE Discounts Policy
WACUHO has historically provided discounts on Annual Conference and Exposition registration fees to identified groups of individuals to encourage participation in the conferences as well as to encourage members to register for the conference as early as possible. The following is a list of discounts allowed and the discount criteria.
- Early Registration Discount
- Historically, the Early Registration Discount has been $50 off of the full Annual Conference and Exposition registration cost. It is provided for registrations completed at least thirty calendar days prior to the start of a conference.
- The registration chair should work with the Technology and Information Systems Coordinator to ensure that this discount is not available via the registration website within thirty days of the conference.
- New Professionals Discount
- The New Professionals discount is $50 off the full Annual Conference and Exposition registration cost. It is provided to individuals who meet the new professionals criteria. (See number "3" below.). The number of registration discounts may be limited.
- The eligibility criteria should be clearly stated in the registration material. It is expected that the registrant will self-identify whether he or she is eligible for this discount. Prior to the conference, it is recommended that the registration chair follow up with all registrants who indicated they are new professionals to remind them of the criteria and request additional payment or to refund overpayment to individuals who identify that they are incorrectly registered.
- A new professional is defined as anyone (professional or graduate student) who meets the following criteria:
- Has no more than three years of professional experience
- Works for a WACUHO member institution in a functional area encompassed by the WACUHO mission
- "Graduate student" is defined as being enrolled in a degree-granting graduate program in higher education (i.e. student affairs, college counseling, student services, etc.) and having no more than three years of professional experience
- Corporate Partner
- As indicated in the section "Fees – Corporate Partners", a $100 discount provided to all levels of Corporate Partnership. when they purchase an exhibits booth for the Annual Conference and Exposition.
- The Exhibits registration chair should verify with the Corporate Relations Committee Chair that vendors registering at the discounted rate are current corporate members.
- WACUHO member discount
- A $100 discount is provided to all registrants whose home institution is a current WACUHO institutional member. Note that institutional membership will be renewed annually and covers the period of July 1 through June 30.
- This member discount criteria should be clearly indicated on registration materials.
- As with the New Professional discount, it is assumed that registrant will self-identify as a WACUHO member when registering. Prior to the conference, it is recommended that the registration chair verify the institutional membership status of all registrants who selected the institutional member rate and follow up with anyone who is incorrectly registered to request additional payment or to refund overpayment.