WAVES Marketing and Communications Coordinator
The WAVES Marketing and Communications Coordinator is responsible for producing a quality newsletter with appropriate, insightful, and informative material on a quarterly basis. The newsletter is available primarily through the WACUHO web page, though hard copies may be made available as requested by Association members. The WAVES Marketing and Communications Coordinator, serves as a non-voting member of the Executive Committee and works closely with the President and committee chairs.
Criteria for Position
- Employment by current WACUHO member institution.
- Travel to Executive Committee meetings throughout the year (assistance with travel costs are provided by WACUHO).
- Commitment to a two-year term, starting in INSERT DATE.
- Ability to solicit and personally write articles and photos of programs and events that address the needs and issues of all WACUHO members in all areas of apartment living, residential life, food service, residential operations, clerical support and other trades and specialized interests supporting the overall housing program.
The WAVES Marketing and Communications Coordinator must submit an application to the current Executive Committee for consideration. Based on the applications, the Executive Committee will appoint the WAVES Marketing and Communications Coordinator. Please submit applications via email or post-mail by INSERT DATE to: WACUHO President INSERT ADDRESS email@example.com
Please provide the following information on
- Member Institution
- Address, Phone, email
- Summary of WACUHO (or any other regional/national/international association) Affiliation/Involvement
(including committees and years of involvement)
- Please include samples of previous work, if available.
Please answer the following questions
- Why are you interested in the WAVES Marketing and Communications Coordinator position?
- What past involvement have you had with producing a newsletter?
- What do you foresee as potential challenges in the "long distance" newsletter production process (more specifically, the process of soliciting and collecting articles, photos, etc. from approximately 1000 members in 4 different states)? What strategies do you anticipate using to address these issues?
- WACUHO has increasingly relied on the use of technology as an avenue to distribute the WAVES and other pertinent information. What experience do you have with software programs, e.g. Publisher, Dreamweaver, Photoshop, etc. Which do you feel you\’ll be using in the newsletter production and why?
- Do you have institutional support to serve in this capacity for the next two years?
- Please share any additional comments or information pertinent to your experience, interest and/or concerns in applying to the WAVES Marketing and Communications Coordinator position.
Please submit applications via email or post-mail by INSERT DATE to:
WACUHO President INSERT ADDRESS firstname.lastname@example.org