Western Training Institute
- 2014-2015 Chairs, Jack Saxon, UCR, Chris Williams UCR
- 2013-2014 Co-Chairs
- John Buchanan, California Maritime Academy
- Janine Silvis, UCLA
- 2012-2013 co-Chairs:
- Kristin Delo, UC Berkeley
- Britany Cashatt, CSU Channel Islands
- 2011-2012 Co-Chairs:
- David Bracamontes, San Francisco State University
- Jennifer Plueard, Cal State Monterey Bay
- 2010-2011 Co-Chairs:
- Jessica Halvorson, University of Nevada, Reno
- Rexanne Bowman-Anderson, UC Irvine
- 2009-2010 Chair: Carmen Noor Lybrand, Loyola Marymount
- 2008-2009 Co-Chairs:
- Elissa Lappenga, UCLA
- Margaret Rothe, San Francisco State University
- 2007-2008 Co-Chairs:
- Regina Dixon, UC Riverside
- Andrea Beaumont, University of San Francisco
- 2006-2007 Co-Chairs:
- Bradley Kane, UC Berkeley
- Hallie Lewis, California College of the Arts
- 2005-2006 Co-Chairs:
- Mary Tregoning, UC Riverside
- Renae Wilkerson, CSU San Bernardino
- Travel - Yes
- Programming - Yes
- Communication by phone, mail, fax, e-mail and on-site meetings
To provide leadership in the planning and implementation of a broad based management and personal development program. The three-day institute is held annually at a conference center. WTI challenges its participants and provides them with personal and professional skills they can utilize when they return to their institutions.
- Committee members typically participate in one and preferably two off-site planning meetings. They also arrive early to the conference facility to prepare for the institute and familiarize themselves with the facilitator and scholar-in-residence.
- Responsible for the total coordination and implementation of the three-day conference including theme, goals and objectives, conference speakers, and scholar-in-residence.
- Shall locate and secure the services of a facilitator and a scholar-in-residence to lead the WTI program.
- Work closely with conference site administration and staff.
- Establish a zero-based budget.
- Request corporate sponsor monies from the Chair of the Corporate Relations Committee by submitting a Committee Sponsorship Request Form at least thirty days in advance of the program. Contact the Chair of the Corporate Relations Committee regarding amounts and availability of these additional funds.
- Negotiate and confirm all conference issues with the Conference Center regarding:
- Meeting rooms
- Sleeping accommodations
- Itemized cost analysis
- Food and beverage arrangements
- Audio/Visual arrangements
- Night-on-the-Town options *(As required)
- Coordinate all conference registration processes.
- Recommend and help establish the site of the next year’s WTI conference.
- Work closely with New Professionals Committee to award the Joan F. Mortell WTI Award.
- As required by conference site, work with the site administration to ensure 120, 90, 60, and 30 registration guarantees are met.
- With the Executive Committee Liaison, co-host a WACUHO sponsored pre-conference reception for the committee the evening before the start of the conference (not to exceed $300 or $20 per person if less than 10 committee members).
- Submit an informative article or update per issue of the WACUHO Waves newsletter.
- Provide a chair’s workbook and detailed evaluations to succeeding chair.
- Prepare and submit one copy of your annual report in the EOY report cubby and one copy of the annual report in your committee’s cubby, and notify the WACUHO Vice President by May 1. (see Appendix for sample).