Women of WACUHO
From WACUHO Leadership Manual
- Mayra Alcala, UC Santa Barbara
- Piya Bose, UC Irvine
- Maggie Malagon, Santa Clara University
- 2017-2018 Co-Chairs:
- Natasha Zubair, Santa Clara University
- Hailey Lopez, UC Merced
- Aja Holmes, CSU-Sacramento
- Travel - No
- Programming - Yes
- Communication by phone, mail, fax, e-mail and on-site meetings
- Promote networking, leadership and educational opportunities for women.
- Provide the diverse women in the Association opportunities to pursue advancement in housing and student affairs, encourage mentorship and support, as well as offer various educational programs.
- Responsible for the creation, support, and maintenance of WACUHO resources and social networks for women throughout the western region.
- The committee will have three chairs – each with a specific responsibility: Networking, Development, & Mentorship. The committee will have other regional volunteers that will assist the co-chairs achieving the tasks below.
- The Networking chair will coordinate two regional drive in networking conferences for women (rotating with the northern, central, and southern regions).
- The Networking chair will coordinate a monthly phone call to discuss topics related to the advancement, development, and mentorship of women.
- The Development chair will collaborate with the WACE Programs committee & EDA committee to provide one program session & one round table related to the advancement, development, & mentorship of women.
- The award may be a plaque, trophy, or certificate.
- The Development chair will oversee the process for soliciting nominations and selecting two WOW Award recipient, recognizing an individual within the region that supports the advancement, development, and mentorship of women.
- The Mentorship chair will coordinate mentorship match ups for women in the region.
- The Mentorship chair will coordinate professional development around mentorship for the region.
- The Mentorship chair will maintain an active Association diversity clearinghouse which will include diversity related resources and materials for women of various backgrounds.
- The co-chairs will submit budget requests.
- Submit an informative article or update per issue of the WACUHO Waves newsletter.
- Prepare and submit one copy of your annual report in the EOY report cubby and one copy of the annual report in your committee’s cubby, and notify the WACUHO Vice President by May 1. (see Appendix for sample).