From assessment data and focus group discussions the Strategic Planning Task Force has determined that:
- Overall, our membership assessment reveals that the current infrastructure is antiquated and has remained essentially unchanged for almost thirty to forty years
- The committee chairs indicate the committee structure and areas appear to lack some relevancy.
- The role of Equity and Diversity Awareness (E&DA) committee in meeting the different needs of Affinity groups within the Association,
- Many members report communication structures that were developed twenty to thirty years ago that remain unchanged and seem ineffective for our work today.
- Examples of this would include the way the Leadership Manual is communicated and how we go about selecting host sites for the Annual Conference and Exposition.
- According to our assessment data, there is more work to be done than the human resources available within the organization.
- An example of this would include the Executive Treasurer position. Past executive committee members and treasurers report that the responsibilities of the position are unsustainable.
- Although we are financially stable, there is no long-term comprehensive financial plan to invest in supporting the mission, vision, and purpose of WACUHO.
- The current economic climate makes it difficult for members to travel to programs, committee meetings, and conferences, and our previous structure was dependent on that support.
- Our relationship with ACUHO-I needs to be discussed and decisions need to be made about what an affiliation, consolidation and/or partnership with ACUHO-I looks like that will benefit our Association.
Transformation of our organizational infrastructure to maximize the effectiveness of our available resources
- Comprehensive long term financial plan
- Equity & Diversity Awareness committee structure (affinity groups)
- Executive Committee positions
- Member at Large positions
- Treasurer position
- Finance Advisory Committee annual recommendations
- Home campus or ACUHO-I support
- Membership database
- Membership structure and fees (institution vs. individual)
- Overall committee structure and composition
Organizational Infrastructure Objectives (In Priority Order):
|Key Indicator||Objective||Task Force Priority||Vision Area||Implementation|
|Home campus or ACUHO-I support||Investigate and implement strategies for creating a centralized office for WACUHO related work by either utilizing a member campus or resources provided by ACUHO-I. Determine what, if any, functions and processes can migrate to this new administrative process||Immediate||2,4|
|Overall committee structure and composition||Evaluate all WACUHO committees for relevancy. Close, reorganize or create committees to better reflect organizational needs and desired impact.||Immediate||1, 2, 3, 4|
|Finance Advisory Committee annual recommendations||Implement and/or incorporate annual recommendations of the Finance Advisory Committee into the Strategic Plan||Long-range||1,2|
|Membership structure and fees (institution vs. individual)||The membership structure and fee system needs to be assessed so that it reflects long-term financial goals and values of association.||Immediate||1,2|
|Equity & Diversity Awareness (E&DA) committee structure (affinity groups)||Evaluate E&DA to be consistent with revised committee structure||Mid-range||1,2,3,4|
|Membership database||Create a comprehensive annual membership database that can be shared among all WACUHO members for better networking and tracking purposes.||Mid-range||2,3|
|Executive Committee positions||Evaluate Member-at-Large positions to be consistent with overall committee structure and composition||Mid-range||3, 4|
|Executive Committee positions||Evaluate the job responsibilities and length of service of all WACUHO executive positions with special attention to the Treasurer position.||Mid-range||4|
|Comprehensive long term financial plan||Develop a sustainable long term financial plan that supports the reorganization of WACUHO membership, committee, and administrative structures||Mid-range||1,2|
|Comprehensive long term financial plan||Provide a framework of Corporate Partner funding, and management practices for the Reserve Fund.||Mid-range||1,2|